The Big Book of Small House Designs: 75 Award-Winning Plans for Your Dream House, All 1,250 Square Feet or Less75 Unique Designs For Attractive, Efficient, Environmentally Friendly Homes Now Available In Paperback, This Collection Of 75 Plans For Small Homes Offers Than 500 Usable Blueprints And Other Illustrations For A Variety Of Living Spaces Suitable For Every Environment And Style, From A New England Farmhouse To A Sophisticated Townhouse In The City To A Santa Fe Ranch The Designs Include Site Drawings, Floor Plans, Elevation Drawings, Section Drawings, Perspective Drawings, And Exploded Views A Brief Introduction To Each Home Describes Its Setting, The Philosophy Behind The Design And Its Intended Use, Materials Used, Recommended Landscaping, And Many Of The Homes Come With Money Saving And Environmentally Sound Features Such As Solar Panels And Water Heaters, Wood Stoves, Ceiling Fans, Airlock Entries, Wind Power Alternatives, And Natural Gas Heaters.

<PDF / Epub> ☆ The Big Book of Small House Designs: 75 Award-Winning Plans for Your Dream House, All 1,250 Square Feet or Less Author Don Metz – Chainnews.us
  • Hardcover
  • The Big Book of Small House Designs: 75 Award-Winning Plans for Your Dream House, All 1,250 Square Feet or Less
  • Don Metz
  • 06 October 2018

10 thoughts on “The Big Book of Small House Designs: 75 Award-Winning Plans for Your Dream House, All 1,250 Square Feet or Less

I enjoyed this book I found three great designs that may meet my needs.

I think this book is really excellent All of the houses featured are small under 1,250 sq ft but extremely livable Each house has a brief description, a drawing of the house, floor plans yay , and often axonometric drawings or sections super yay Some even have construction ready sections Too many architecture books don t include floor plans so it s very difficult to get a feel for the interior space but this one really has everything you need I love the variety of styles included, from traditional to architectural although the sort of artistic architectural pieces seem a little stuck in postmodernism rather than featuring some of the newer developments I also really like the focus on sustainability and energy efficient design that many of the houses have, something which didn t seem necessarily intended but is a corollary to reasonably sized homes I really recommend this boo...

While there are some interesting concepts in this book, it is let down by not having photographs This is probably due to the fact that many of these buildings have not yet been built.That said, all buildings have ...

Well, I don t think of 1250 square feet as smallbut in today s world I m sure it s a good cut off point I really liked the set up of the book sketches of exteriors from every side, floorplans, wall designs, eco features I m hoping to end up in a much smaller house once we ar...

There isn t a whole lot of reading Mostly it is just a bunch of house designs in diagrams But it was good I got some really good ideas Not that I m building a house, but I have a better idea of what I could do, and what I like.

Was fun to look at These are award winning designs and as such they have small square footage but the actual cost of construction would still be expensive because of the designs Was kind of hoping for affordable designs.

This book was not really what I expected I was hoping it would have information about building small homes, but it literally is just sketches and brief descriptions of different award winning homes.

I enjoyed this book I just wish there were a few photos of finished houses.

More for architects as an idea generator rather than anything practical for the lay person Rather disappointed actually.

Lovely variety of houses I do wish there d been some pictures to supplement the drawings, but otherwise it was great.