Read ➵ The Very Lonely Firefly Author Eric Carle – Chainnews.us

The Very Lonely Firefly A VERY Classic From Eric Carle, Creator Of The Very Hungry Caterpillar When A Very Lonely Firefly Goes Out Into The Night Searching For Other Fireflies, It Sees A Lantern, A Candle, And The Eyes Of A Dog, Cat, And Owl All Glowing In The Darkness It Even Sees A Surprise Celebration Of Light But It Is Not Until It Discovers Other Fireflies That It Finds Exactly What It S Looking For A Surprise Sure To Bring Smiles To Anyone Who Turn The Final Page Lushly Illustrated With Eric Carle S Trademark Vibrant Collage Art, Soothingly Told With A Gentle Read Aloud Rhythm, And Complete With A Surprise Sure To Light Up Children S Faces, The Very Lonely Firefly Will Fast Become A Storytime Favorite Read It With A Flashlight In The Dark Or Under The Table And Watch Those Fireflies Glow

Read ➵ The Very Lonely Firefly  Author Eric Carle – Chainnews.us
  • Hardcover
  • The Very Lonely Firefly
  • Eric Carle
  • 08 July 2018

10 thoughts on “The Very Lonely Firefly

How have I never read this classic picture book before now

I absolutely love the end of this with the light up part showing all the fireflies it was a pleasant surprise and the kiddo loved it.

My son liked this one and I hated it He had like a gazillion million questions while we were reading it which is the last thing I want to do when I m trying to get a talkative rambunctious toddler to go to sleep So it s definitely a daytime book when I m ready for so many questions

1 step at a time1 step at a time .

The Very Lonely Firefly Eric Carle 1995Genre fictionFormat picture bookPlot Summary A lonely firefly goes out into the night searching for other fireflies.Considerations noneReview Citation Booklist Reviews, May 1995 Its simplicity and its depiction of feeling lonely and finding one s place in a group will appeal to preschoolers As the flap copy says, The Very Lonely Firefly is about belonging Recommended age 3 6

When a little firefly is born at dusk, he finds that he is alone and lonely, flashing his lights to find other fireflys Soon, the very lonely firefly goes out into the night searching for other fireflies, it sees many things that light up such as a lantern, a candle, and the eyes of a dog, cat, and owl all glowing in the darkness It even sees a surprise celebration of light But still there are no fireflies But it is not until it discovers other fireflies that it finds exactly what it s lookin When a little firefly is born at dusk, he finds that he is alone and lonely, flashing his lights to find other fireflys Soon, the very lonely firefly goes out into the night searching for other fireflies, it sees many things that light up such as a lantern, a candle, and the eyes of a dog, cat, and owl all glowing in the darkness It even sees a surprise celebration of light But still there are no fireflies But it is not until it discovers other fireflies that it finds exactly what it s looking for friends, and lots and lots of glowing firefliles This story is precious, and is a great read for younger readers It gets them engaged, and through personal experience it is very interactive and the kids are left guessing what will be on the next page This story feautres Eric Carle s trademark vibrant collage art, and is soothingly told with a gentle read aloud rhythm so that even adults will like to read it, this book was clearly designed with children in mind It made me smile when I was done reading it because I was so happy that the firefly had found friends I was rooting for him the whole time I highly suggest this book for teachers, and parents alike Kids will love it

We got this from the library, so the ending wasn t as cool as it is meant to be They either didn t put batteries in it, or they have died So we didn t get to see the fireflies all light up.But the story itself was still fun as we follow a lonely firefly trying to find a friend I liked the repetition to the story and all the different ways that we use light in the world My daughter really enjoyed this too and she would have LOVED if the fireflies lit up at the end We own the Very Quiet Crick We got this from the library, so the ending wasn t as cool as it is meant to be They either didn t put batteries in it, or they have died So we didn t get to see the fireflies all light up.But the story itself was still fun as we follow a lonely firefly trying to find a friend I liked the repetition to the story and all the different ways that we use light in the world My daughter really enjoyed this too and she would have LOVED if the fireflies lit up at the end We own the Very Quiet Cricket which makes the chirping noise, so we may have to just go out and buy this one too

The Very Lonely Firefly is about belonging We all want to belong to a group, a family, our own fellow creatures This book includes another very cool element brought to the book by Eric Carle In the end, the fireflies light up which is a cool element to show the kids Also, helps kids stay interested in story time when there are cool things going on.

a lonely firefly was in search of a friend Each time he saw a light it ended up being something else other than another firefly but he didn t let that deter him He continued on until he did find his family.

Very nice I m not sure board book is the beeeest format for this, but it s probably one of the only ways to easily allow for the surprise at the end.Good story, though not my favourite of Carle s It was kind of fun to guess what happened next, though