[PDF] ↠ A Butterfly Is Patient Author Dianna Hutts Aston – Chainnews.us

A Butterfly Is Patient The Creators Of The Award Winning An Egg Is Quiet And A Seed Is Sleepy Have Teamed Up Again To Create This Gorgeous And Informative Introduction To The World Of Butterflies From Iridescent Blue Swallowtails And Brilliant Orange Monarchs To The Worlds Tiniest Butterfly Western Pygmy Blue And The Largest Queen Alexandra S Birdwing , An Incredible Variety Of Butterflies Are Celebrated Here In All Of Their Beauty And Wonder Perfect For A Child S Bedroom Bookshelf Or For A Classroom Reading Circle

[PDF] ↠ A Butterfly Is Patient  Author Dianna Hutts Aston – Chainnews.us
  • Hardcover
  • A Butterfly Is Patient
  • Dianna Hutts Aston
  • 21 May 2017

10 thoughts on “A Butterfly Is Patient

There is no other word to describe A Butterfly Is Patient better than to call it a stunner The kind of a stunner that makes your head turn around picture Exorcist movie when it walks by you Exquisite.Radiant.Aesthetically pleasing.Charming.Eye Candy.Ravishing.Sublime.I bought this to my daughter who has been meeting butterflies through the summer, and been somewhat scared of their approach toward her She is allergic to mosquitoes, and in general knows how to avoid wasps and gadflies, and th There is no other word to describe A Butterfly Is Patient better than to call it a stunner The kind of a stunner that makes your head turn around picture Exorcist movie when it walks by you Exquisite.Radiant.Aesthetically pleasing.Charming.Eye Candy.Ravishing.Sublime.I bought this to my daughter who has been meeting butterflies through the summer, and been somewhat scared of their approach toward her She is allergic to mosquitoes, and in general knows how to avoid wasps and gadflies, and this has caused her to be on the edge with everything that buzz, everything that is small and has wings on it I thought this book would be a great way to let her know that the butterflies around our corners are just beautiful creatures, part of the beautiful nature.She absolutely adored this one, the colorful painted images, the short and simple information I translated to her She fell in love with butterflies, there is no fear or automatic avoidance acts from her, it is all gone.I got my kicks out of it as well, being a know it all adult is so old news, there is always a piece of new information flying around waiting for you to catch it down.Highly recommended for children, although I advice to get this as a physical copy, these type of books never really work perfectly good as a Kindle editions, read by the typical Kindle device without colors

I loved A Seed Is Sleepy and An Egg Is Quiet and so I was thrilled when I was able to borrow and read this third book.Oh, I could view this book and its illustrations for ages.On the inside front cover are the caterpillars and on the inside back cover are the butterflies Inside the account starts and ends with details of butterflies life cycles, and in between there are a plethora of facts about butterflies This book uses the same basic format of the first two books Using the words patient, I loved A Seed Is Sleepy and An Egg Is Quiet and so I was thrilled when I was able to borrow and read this third book.Oh, I could view this book and its illustrations for ages.On the inside front cover are the caterpillars and on the inside back cover are the butterflies Inside the account starts and ends with details of butterflies life cycles, and in between there are a plethora of facts about butterflies This book uses the same basic format of the first two books Using the words patient, creative, helpful, protective, poisonous, spectacular, thirsty, big, tiny, scaly, traveler, and magical, and then expounding on those descriptions There s also a page on a butterfly is not a moth.I learned a lot, so muchthan I could ever have expected It turns out that until I read this book I was ignorant of much of this book s contents I found the information to be very interesting.The illustrations are special they re truly gorgeous, as they should be in a book about butterflies I am used to seeing monarchs and I ve seen quite a few other types of butterflies, but many of the included types were brand new to me All beautiful, and it s not just the butterflies, but every leaf and other object in the book is painted beautifully.This is a gem of a book, and I admired it just as much as the books about seeds and eggs

had the kindle version of this gem on sale for 99 and I couldn t resist I enjoy illustrated books and this didn t disappoint The watercolor based renderings are pieces of artwork and while beautiful to look at, they are also educational Although the information included within the captions are geared toward children, I must say I learned a couple of new facts I don t know if I would want to encounter the world s largest butterfly with a one foot wing span, so thank goodness they arehad the kindle version of this gem on sale for 99 and I couldn t resist I enjoy illustrated books and this didn t disappoint The watercolor based renderings are pieces of artwork and while beautiful to look at, they are also educational Although the information included within the captions are geared toward children, I must say I learned a couple of new facts I don t know if I would want to encounter the world s largest butterfly with a one foot wing span, so thank goodness they are native to the rainforests of Papua New Guinea A gorgeous book that is recommended for children, nature or art lovers and the young at heart.5 starsEdited I did a little happy dance, as I found three other illustrated books by the same authors, available through the local library

Non FictionGrade level K 3rdAwards BELA 2012 , OSTB 2012 This is an informational book about butterflies The book is accompanied by beautiful pictures that bring to life a butterfly from its first day of life into its full development as a butterfly The book not only explains how a butterfly is created, it also goes into detail explaining various characteristics of certain butterflies Many of the pictures are labeled so at anytime you can name the exact type of butterfly you are looking a Non FictionGrade level K 3rdAwards BELA 2012 , OSTB 2012 This is an informational book about butterflies The book is accompanied by beautiful pictures that bring to life a butterfly from its first day of life into its full development as a butterfly The book not only explains how a butterfly is created, it also goes into detail explaining various characteristics of certain butterflies Many of the pictures are labeled so at anytime you can name the exact type of butterfly you are looking at The pictures are so detailed and realistic, you feel as if you have gotten a true glimpse into life as a butterfly I think this book will easily engage students in learning about butterflies with its captivating pictures and the interesting characteristics that they will read about Some of these characteristics include helpful, patient, protective and even poisonous The page showing the largest butterfly, Queen Alexandra s Birdwing, and the smallest, Arian Small Blue, has a ruler on the bottom showing the butterflies as actual size There is also a map on this page so students can see where these butterflies can be found For being an informational book, I think the author did a good job of not providing an overwhelming amount of facts, rather keeping it basic and allowing the illustrations to elaborate on the details

In their third nature book, Aston and Long explore the beautiful and remarkable life of butterflies The illustrations are absolutely gorgeous I found myself marveling over the many different types of butterflies This is a feast for the eyes Aston s text provides a pleasingly lyrical style with fine factual information about butterflies, such as how long it takes for a caterpillar to become a butterfly, how butterflies drink, and the difference between a butterfly and a moth Even though I kn In their third nature book, Aston and Long explore the beautiful and remarkable life of butterflies The illustrations are absolutely gorgeous I found myself marveling over the many different types of butterflies This is a feast for the eyes Aston s text provides a pleasingly lyrical style with fine factual information about butterflies, such as how long it takes for a caterpillar to become a butterfly, how butterflies drink, and the difference between a butterfly and a moth Even though I know about Monarch butterflies and how far they can fly a town a few hours from here hosts them every year on their migration and I would love to see it one day, when so many thousands are clinging in the trees I was astounded to learn how high they can fly While I m not sure this book was quite as magical for me as An Egg Is Quiet, I still highly recommend it along with the other books, the second of which is A Seed Is Sleepy My one small pet peeve with this book is that I wish the illustrations on the fly leaves matched up In the beginning, we see the caterpillars, and at the end we see the butterflies they turn into, but they are in different places on the page which makes it difficult to match them up Of course, kids may enjoy the challenge of finding them, but being a busy and boring adult when I read this last night, I wanted to be able to match themeasily

Another great read

This is one series that had my attention caught since of its descriptive title Each book s title within the series gives the reader a chance to know what is being explored within the pages of the actual book while also providing the format of the book s writing, which is the isFurther each book in the series can also be read in two different formats thus allowing the reading audience to be broadened out If you have very young readers or those who cannot sit still long enough for a This is one series that had my attention caught since of its descriptive title Each book s title within the series gives the reader a chance to know what is being explored within the pages of the actual book while also providing the format of the book s writing, which is the isFurther each book in the series can also be read in two different formats thus allowing the reading audience to be broadened out If you have very young readers or those who cannot sit still long enough for a book whether it is since of too much information or just length than you can read the descriptive for each page while avoiding all the smalleremphasized information that is given for the page And for those who are interested or can keep their attention focused than the whole page can be read and explored The illustrations are bright and colorful but doesn t distract at all from the information provided Instead each illustration is given in the right detail while the species name is provided so you aren t sitting there trying to figure out which one of the millions you are looking at This same thought and consideration is included on the front and back pages where in the case of the former and the butterfly book you were given a chance to see the caterpillar than on the back pages were the evolved butterflies This was truly a great idea for writing a nonfiction novel that allows children a chance to explore such big subjects while without being too overwhelming

1 Twin Text Velma Gratch the Way Cool Butterfly by Alan Madison and Kevin Hawkes 2007 2 I chose Velma Gratch as my twin text because it uses a lot of the same butterfly vocabulary chrysalis, migration, metamorphosis and reiterates the facts Monarchs migrate to Mexico in winter and return to North America for milkweed plants in the Spring It is also a lovely story about Velma who is trying to be noticed and remembered for something like her two older sisters 3 A Butterfly is Patient 1 Twin Text Velma Gratch the Way Cool Butterfly by Alan Madison and Kevin Hawkes 2007 2 I chose Velma Gratch as my twin text because it uses a lot of the same butterfly vocabulary chrysalis, migration, metamorphosis and reiterates the facts Monarchs migrate to Mexico in winter and return to North America for milkweed plants in the Spring It is also a lovely story about Velma who is trying to be noticed and remembered for something like her two older sisters 3 A Butterfly is Patient is descriptive, but also chronological when discussing the life cycle of the butterfly.4 I would use a K W L strategy with these texts By reading Velma Gratch first and tapping into their prior knowledge, the students would fill in a K W L chart with a literacy partner or small group The students could draw a line across their chart before reading A Butterfly is Patient After reading, they would add to their chart under the line If there was anything they wanted to know, we could turn to other sources of research and information We would also discuss the charts as a whole group

This stunning picture book follows the same pattern as the two earlier titles by this creative team, An Egg Is Quiet and A Seed Is Sleepy From the upclose look at the scales on a butterfly s wings inside the cover to the endpapers at the front with 32 different caterpillars and then 34 butterflies at the back, this title catches the eye The text describes this winged creature s characteristics for instance, how a butterfly is patient, creative, helpful, protective, and even poisonous The bri This stunning picture book follows the same pattern as the two earlier titles by this creative team, An Egg Is Quiet and A Seed Is Sleepy From the upclose look at the scales on a butterfly s wings inside the cover to the endpapers at the front with 32 different caterpillars and then 34 butterflies at the back, this title catches the eye The text describes this winged creature s characteristics for instance, how a butterfly is patient, creative, helpful, protective, and even poisonous The brief text provides additional information about butterflies in general and some types of butterflies specifically I particularly liked the pages that showed the smallest butterfly the Arian Small Blue and the largest one the Queen Alexandra s Birdwing alongside a map of where these rare butterflies might be found and a measuring scale on the bottom of the page so readers can see just how small or large the butterflies are The watercolor illustrations are simply stunning, paying tribute to these wonders of nature Much of the prose simply sings with carefully chosen words such as feasting to describe what caterpillars do as they gobble leaves

A butterfly is patient, creative, helpful, protective, poisonous sometimes , spectacular, thirsty, big and tiny, scaly, not a moth, a traveller, magical, and patiently waiting to soar As an adult reader, I found myself contemplating these character traits ascribed to butterflies and the lessons nature can teach me if I search them out The simple captions on each page accompany life sized illustrations and accurate but not too lengthy information about butterflies Even the endpapers teach, in A butterfly is patient, creative, helpful, protective, poisonous sometimes , spectacular, thirsty, big and tiny, scaly, not a moth, a traveller, magical, and patiently waiting to soar As an adult reader, I found myself contemplating these character traits ascribed to butterflies and the lessons nature can teach me if I search them out The simple captions on each page accompany life sized illustrations and accurate but not too lengthy information about butterflies Even the endpapers teach, inviting children to play a matching game between the caterpillars in the front and their butterflies in the back The book is charming, artistic, informative, accurate, educational, for young and old, and spectacular