[PDF] ✎ A Fly Went By ✐ Mike McClintock – Chainnews.us

A Fly Went ByIllustrated In Color A Fly Went By, Followed By A Frog, Who S Chased By A Cat, Who S Chased By A Dog And A Host Of Other Frantic Characters, In A Humorous Cumulative Tale

[PDF] ✎ A Fly Went By ✐ Mike McClintock – Chainnews.us
  • Hardcover
  • A Fly Went By
  • Mike McClintock
  • 15 February 2018

10 thoughts on “A Fly Went By

I just read this book with my oldest boy, age 5 I d read it long ago, and enjoyed it well enough But today was an entirely different experience, because today we read this book together I actually found him sitting in the stairwell flipping through the book on his own He does this sometimes, when Sarah and I are busy I love that he loves books And I love that he looks through them even when he can t make out all the words by himself So what makes this a good kid s book 1 It s a long boo I just read this book with my oldest boy, age 5 I d read it long ago, and enjoyed it well enough But today was an entirely different experience, because today we read this book together I actually found him sitting in the stairwell flipping through the book on his own He does this sometimes, when Sarah and I are busy I love that he loves books And I love that he looks through them even when he can t make out all the words by himself So what makes this a good kid s book 1 It s a long book I read a lot of kid s books these days And I find it kinda disheartening when I pick up one that s only 16 pages long Don t get me wrong That might be perfect for holding the attention span of a 1 year old, but if you want your kids to be able to concentrate for longer than the span of a superbowl commercial, you might want to consider reading them longer books What s , it s simply not very much bang for your buck.Also, what would you rather do Read a 16 page book to a kid 10 times Or read a 50 page book twice Hint, you want the second option 2 There is a lot of good word and letter repetition For kids that are learning to read, this is key Once they learn to read the word They they ll get plenty of chance to practice it There s a bunch of similar words with the silent e Make Came Take And words with the ea letter combination Fear Near And some tricky but very common words that are almost impossible to sound out Would Should Could 3 Most importantly The book is fun It s got animals and misunderstandings Surprises Good illustrations The action is easy to follow.So yeah There s a lot of good reasons that this one s a classic It s well worth your time and money if you re in the market for a kid s book

Lovely little book with lots for children to think about

From 1958 Sweet simple pictures with a funny comedy of errors that this little boy unravels The kids enjoyed this one too I m so glad they like these classic books along with the new ones It s fun to see all these stories again and see them passed down onegeneration Still a pleasing bedtime story.

This rhyming story is about a fly who goes on a long adventure On his adventure he is followed by many different characters Each character continues to follow the fly One day a boy asks the fly where he is off to and the chase begins Many different animals begin to be involved with the chase After a while, everyone involved wants to find out who is in the back of the chase This book is fun because it is a silly story and children will be able to practice their use of rhyme and figurative l This rhyming story is about a fly who goes on a long adventure On his adventure he is followed by many different characters Each character continues to follow the fly One day a boy asks the fly where he is off to and the chase begins Many different animals begin to be involved with the chase After a while, everyone involved wants to find out who is in the back of the chase This book is fun because it is a silly story and children will be able to practice their use of rhyme and figurative language while reading this story book This was not one of my favorite children picture books that I have read I felt as though the story was a little repetitive and boring at times This book did not capture my attention as much as other rhyming books I have read I do not think I would read this book again

This book was a favorite of mine when I was a kid It lived at my Nana s house, and I read it and Put Me in the Zoo and The Cat in the Hat Comes Back every time we visited I remember looking for it on .com at one point, but I believe it was out of print I was superpsyched to get it for Charlotte, even though it s kind of old fashioned and violent compared to what early readers get these days When Charlotte was tiny, I could read it to her and she liked the rhythm Nowadays she doesn This book was a favorite of mine when I was a kid It lived at my Nana s house, and I read it and Put Me in the Zoo and The Cat in the Hat Comes Back every time we visited I remember looking for it on .com at one point, but I believe it was out of print I was superpsyched to get it for Charlotte, even though it s kind of old fashioned and violent compared to what early readers get these days When Charlotte was tiny, I could read it to her and she liked the rhythm Nowadays she doesn t want me to read it to her she d rather look through it by herself and list all the animals on the pages

This is a fun story that builds upon itself and leads to a funny conclusion It s a good book for beginning readers, with lots of simple words and a repetitive narrative, but I will caution that it is pretty long Our youngest did a great job reading it, but she got tired about halfway through, so I took over It s a fun book to read aloud.

One of my very favorite books when I was an early reader One of the rare ones that I didn t find at all boring I enjoyed having it read to me as well.

This is a classic story of cause and effect A little boy is relaxing by the lakeside, but all of a sudden a fly went by The fly was chasing an animal that was chasing another animal, and so on There is a lot of rhyming and repetition in this story Very fun story.

Gregg, you got ur story from this OMG

A book about animals being chased by other animals of larger size A good rhyming book